You already know that you should be drinking lots of water every day. From clearing out skin to aiding digestion and boosting immunity, staying hydrated has many benefits. But if you are anything like me, you might find yourself struggling to keep up with the amount that needs to be consumed daily. I know I did till I actively went about looking for ways to up my intake regularly.
But before I give you my 5 tips on how to drink more water daily, here is the link to a hydration calculator that can help you determine how much water you need: https://www.camelbak.com/en/hydrated/hydration-calculator
Since the amount required varies depending on a lot of factors like activity levels, age etc., I find this a useful tool for everyone in the family.
So now that you know how much water you should drink everyday, let’s begin with the ways to drink more:
1) Drink a tall glass of water right after you wake up. Think of it as replenishing and rehydrating your levels after 6-8 hours of not drinking any. I have a warm glass of water that is often spiked with herbs or ACV but regular water will do. I talk more about it here.
2) Take a bottle of water everywhere you go. I never bothered with till I had my baby. Then when I was breastfeeding, I found myself parched every so often which is why I started carrying a bottle. Now I always have two bottles in my bag; one for me and one for Gini.
3) Always keep water within reach. When I am working from home, I like to keep a bottle on my desk ready and accessible at all times. That way every time I take a break, I also take a sip. And this brings me to my next tip.
4) Make sipping water a part of something you do regularly. So if you check your email or your Instagram/Facebook/Pinterest often, make it a point to drink up while you are at it. It will soon become a habit.
5) Drink a big glass of water after every bathroom break. I tell myself that what is getting expelled needs to be restocked too making it easier for me to remember.
Bonus tip: Drink a glass water every time you feel like having a snack. Often, it is thirst that makes us feel like we are hungry. Of course, have that snack if you still feel hungry after the water 😜
Many times, my attempts to drink more water are thwarted by my inability to keep track of how much I have had and how much more I need. Keeping track is crucial. You can either download an app or do it the old-fashioned way of making a mark somewhere like I do.
Hope these little tips help you remember to stay hydrated throughout the day everyday. Good luck!